What to Wear to Your Photo Shoot
There are lots of misconceptions as to what you can & can’t wear for a photo shoot. Here are some great guidelines for you to stick to when deciding what to wear at your next photo shoot.
What to Avoid~
- We prefer no cap sleeves
- Avoid dominant colors (Red, Bright Yellow, Orange or Hot Pink) as main colors. The camera can pick up reflected light from clothing & won’t be able to give the full attention to your face.
- Stay away from empire waist clothing
- Avoid different styles or looks in your group picture
- Clothing that will look dated in the near future
- Clothing that has logos, slogans or anything else that may distract from the focus of the face
- Stripes, polka dots or patterns that will cause distraction
- White socks or bright white shoes
What to look for~
- Solid colors with little or no pattern
- Belts or something that helps create an hour glass figure for women
- Shoes in good condition that are neutral & fit with your outfit
- Cool textures in clothing that won’t cause distraction but actually can create a great contrast & interesting look.
- Accessories that add but not over whelm, a simple addition to your look, maybe a belt, hat, scarf, hairpiece, jewelry, etc… When choosing a hat make sure you bring it but don’t wear it so we can get a look with & without that accessory. (Bags that Fit is a great boutique that offers a fantastic selection of clothes & accessories.They have lots of fun pieces and way cute belts that are a must see. They do offer assistance in helping you find the right clothes for your body type too. So, check them out, we know you will love them.
There is so much more to talk about with what to wear for your photo shoot so check back soon for more details & suggestions.
To schedule your outdoor family photo session go here or contact our office at 801-253-4111.